VELA Exchange has put in a robust and flexible infrastructure to ensure both a reliable and an optimized user experience.
- 1.Servers cache specific on-chain data for performance (historical trading data, etc)
- 2.Notifications, profile data, language settings stored off-chain
- 3.On-chain infrastructure holds all open position, collateral, VLP / VELA staking functionality
- 4.Position management triggers hosted on servers for performance, pushed on-chain when conditions are met
- 5.Data portal exposes APIs to approved parties and pulls in data from oracles, data providers – extendible to most data sources
Vela has assigned the contracts as minters / burners of USD (a non-transferable and non-tradeable token) and therefore this admin privilege can no longer be assigned elsewhere or changed. For the purposes of any updates, contract changes, or infrastructure emergencies, Vela Administrators do have permissions to halt key contract functions to the platform. Withdrawal privileges are NOT an admin function.